Intestinal pain (also known as abdominal pain) is a particular feeling of distress, agony or discomfort in the abdominal area.
The following are intestinal pain causes:
1. Intestinal Spasms: This happens to be one of the most well known intestinal pain causes. The pain mostly occurs due to hormonal imbalance, chronic indigestion or when you eat something that does not digest easily.
2. Diarrhea and Constipation: These two are intestinal pain causes that are frequently experienced.
3. Intestinal Parasites: People who eat a diet rich in non vegetarian food are prone to this type of intestinal pain caused by these intestinal parasites. Undercooked meat and infected drinking water are the main portals for intestinal parasites.
4. Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn’s Disease: These two are intestinal pain causes that affect the intestine’s lining and colon.
5. Appendicitis: This particular condition most times leads straight to right side intestinal pain which is known to be quite sharp. The bet way to deal with such intestinal pain is to undergo a surgical procedure called “appendectomy”.
6. IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome): IBS is not only a very common intestinal pain, it is also one of the intestinal pain causes that is quite severe. The sufferer experiences a serious intestinal pain after eating. Thankfully, the symptoms can be alleviated with the right medication and eating habits (diet).
7. Colitis: This is the inflammation of the large intestines and is caused by infections, Irritable Bowel Syndrome or any form of inflammatory disorder.
8. SBBO (Small Bowel Bacteria Overgrowth): This is the increase/growth of bacteria in the small intestine. There are lots of ailments that can lead to SBBO in an individual. These ailments include: diabetes, immune system disorder, scleroderma etc.
9. Diverticulitis: This is one of the few intestinal pain causes that aren’t as common at the aforementioned. Diverticulitis is simply an abnormal pouch/pocket that is formed in the intestinal area (mostly formed in the large intestines). Common symptoms include a change in bowel habits, diarrhea, sharp intestinal pain and constipation.
10. Cancer of the Colon: This is one of the serious but uncommon intestinal pain causes.
11. Sickle Cell Disease Crisis: This may also cause intestinal pain.
12. Somatization Disorder: This is an emotional upset that triggers pains in the abdominal region and physical discomfort.
13. Strep Throat: This can lead to intestinal pain in children.
14. Food Poisoning: Intestinal pain is often the symptom associated with food poisoning.
15. Pancreatitis: This is the swelling or inflammation of the pancreas.
Other intestinal pain causes include:
16. Lactose Intolerance
17. Kidney Stones
19. Urinary Tract Infections
20. Tumors or Cancers
Please consider these intestinal pain causes and treat yourself naturally and accordingly: Intestinal Pain Remedy